From choosing a gorgeous venue to finding THE dress, we know just how important it is for every bride to feel their best on the big day so we’ve had a chat with our hair and makeup artist, Meherun to bring you a few hints and tips!
Meherun has years of experience and has worked with celebrities including Rihanna, Alesha Dixon and Taio Cruz.
It isn’t always possible to have a makeup artist for your wedding day, so what would your top tips for brides doing their own hair and makeup?
Bridal makeup should not be harsh or out of character, make sure you blend your makeup very well to prevent harshness and lines. Keep the look natural but beautiful and always enhance your best features! It’s worth purchasing new makeup brushes and new products for the big day. Don’t forget you can always ask a professional at your local department store for advice on skin tones, colours and the best way to achieve your chosen look.
Make sure you do your makeup in natural light.
What can you do in the run up to your wedding to ensure your hair and skin are looking their best?
The lead up to your wedding is normally a very stressful time so it’s best to prepare as much as you can as stress can take a big affect on hair and skin.
• Make sure you that everyday you drink plenty of water, cleanse, tone and moisturise!
• If you are having any facials this should be done at least 7 – 10 days prior to your wedding date allowing the skin to recover from any breakouts
• Get a good haircut 4 – 6 weeks prior to allow the hair to settle into itself
• Try not to apply too much heat to your hair, straightners etc will promote broken and dry hair
• Use hair masks or cut costs and apply olive or almond oil to your hair, leave for one hour and wash out.
Is there anything you should avoid doing in the run up to your wedding?
Drinking too much alcohol! Yes, I know, we all love a drink but it dehydrates your skin and just causes a tired look overall so try and give your body a break…for a while at least!
Are there any bridal hair and makeup trends for this summer?
I wouldn’t say there is a particular trend when it comes to bridal makeup. Personally I think bridal makeup should be kept soft and beautifu. TOP TIP: Bring out the eyes by using natural strip lashes or individual lash inserts
Bridal hair is normally more creative, it all depends what suits your dress and overall look. Tiaras add extra bling and glamour to your look.
What are you top 3 must-have products for a bride?
• Good makeup brushes made with natural hair, synthetic are to harsh on the skin.
• Max Factor Mascara is a must-have staple of mine.
• Lip balm for gorgeous healthy lips.