Hi everyone! So it is my turn to introduce myself to our readers as part of our weekly author bios.
I grew up in London, Ontario Canada and moved over to the big London last September. After studying in Copenhagen for half a year I knew that after I graduated I wanted to come back to here work. I love travelling and the opportunities for inexpensive travelling around Europe from the UK are amazing. Also, as cheesy as it may sound, I wanted to move back to Europe for love. I had been in a long distance relationship for almost a year, from Canada to Italy – so living in the UK is a lot more manageable with more frequent visits to Italy and less of a time difference. Although this ‘shorter-long distance relationship’ is still difficult it is a huge improvement from being half a world apart.
I love fashion and went to university for business so I started out in search of a career that combined these both. Throughout university I worked part time in a luxury lingerie boutique in Halifax, Canada. This is where I fell in love with gorgeous lingerie and the importance of having quality and a good fit. After moving to the UK, I started at figleaves as a studio intern. In the studio I helped style and fit the models (yes, even the male models) and assisted with photo shoots nearly everyday. While I was an intern a Digital Marketing Assistant position came up and I applied – and voila, here I am today working in DM for figleaves.com.
A few (interesting?) facts about me...
1. I was a competitive swimmer for 13 years, training 20+ hours every week
2. London, Canada, where I grew up, is only about 45min from Stratford – the home town of Justin Bieber
3. I took up golf two years ago and have been playing weekly throughout the summers with my Mom and her friends
4. I have one younger sister who I am very close with – she is visiting me next week and I can’t wait to see her!
5. I watch far too much online streaming TV – Gossip Girl, Modern Family, Desperate Housewives, Californication, Better With You, Kardashians....and many others that take up too much of my time, but I’m also too addicted to give any of them up
Hope you all enjoy the blog. Feel free to get in touch any time on twitter @figleaves_reb