It is that time of year, when all the college and university students ditch their textbooks and head to the sun for Spring Break. From my facebook news feed, it looks like about half of Canada is heading South in the next few weeks - a slight exaggeration but definitely the destination of choice this time of year. For all of you lucky enough to be leaving the cold weather behind and heading to the sun, I have put together a list of the top 10 essentials for Spring Break.
1. Bikini – This will probably be your staple item for lounging by the pool or tanning on the beach.
2. Swimsuit – If you usually wear a bikini, a one piece is great to have on hand in case you are heading into some big waves or to the water parks. From personal experience, it is better to go with a one piece than have bikini tops flying off!
Anita Classix Swimwear Tassia Ii Swimsuit £75
3. Beach Tote – To carry all your pool or beach essentials.
Seafolly Carried Away Tote £22
4. Hat – A chic accessory for the sunny weather; a floppy one will protect you from the harsh rays.
Seafolly Shady Lady Bo Derek Hat £40
5. Flip Flops – A comfortable, fun pair of sandals to get you from your room to the sand.
Havianas Hit Printed Flip Flop £18
6. Towel – A bright logo towel with give your beach look a cool edge.
Diesel Swim Logo Towel £42
7. Beach Dress – Perfect for evening strolls on the beach.
figleaves swimwear Goddess Jersey Maxi Dress £40
8. Cover Up – To throw on over your swimsuit.
Butterfly Blue by figleaves.com Lotty Contrast Print Tunic £30
9. White Jeans – A versatile pant for dining al fresco after a long day in the sun.
MIH Jean Paris Denim £143
10. Sun Block – It’s important to lather on the sun block if you are spending your days in the sun. I hate the sticky feeling of some sun blocks, but this one feels invisible once it is rubbed in.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF45
Happy Spring Break!