2010 is predicted to be a big year for denim, the staple of the 90’s wardrobe.
Denim, in forms other than trousers, often sends a shudder to fashionistas across the world. We all know the nineties did irreparable damage to the fabric, the term acid-wash has been forever banished to land of never again, but surprisingly denim is making a comeback. And whats more, we love it.
Several key trends have been identified for next year, with emphasize on fitted, tailored cuts that flatter the figure and emphasize shape, as opposed to the ‘I’m about to drown in this denim disaster’ look characterized by the baggy, shapeless forms popular twenty years ago.
- Distressed/ Bleached details
- Fitted jackets and blazers
- Military and Nautical styles
- Mixed hues, think indigos with uber bleached.
- Ripped is back
- Loose fit, great alternative to skinny
- Whiskering, splattered paint effects. Get messy!
We love these pieces from our Spring/ Summer 2010 collection!