Who's this (above right)? Why, it's Betsey Johnson and her granddaughter Layla pictured after her catwalk show at New York fashion week on Tuesday. So it was with superb timing that Betsey's new swimwear range hit the UK site today (US customers have been enjoying it for a while already). Like the designer's outerwear, it's a riot: ruffles, polka dots and floral prints - often in the same garment.
Click here for some fun facts about Betsey.
- Betsey Johnson's career in fashion began in the Sixties, when she was a stalwart of the Andy Warhol set - Edie Sedgwick was her house model and the Velvet Underground's John Cale wore her designs.
- As a child Betsey attended dance classes and had ambitions to be a dancer. She famously cartwheels down the runway at the end of every catwalk show.
- A breast cancer survivor, she is a prominent spokeswoman and fund raiser in the fight against the disease.
- Evangeline Lilly, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Beyonce and Pink are among the celebs who have been photographed in Betsey Johnson lately.
- Where to wear Betsey Johnson swim? In her Mexican rental villa Betseyville, of course.