Our predictions for 2007:
- High waists were back on the catwalk (and you can already find high waisted jeans in the more on-the-ball high street stores), so expect to see knicker waistbands creeping up too next year.
- Padded hips were also a surprise feature of the spring/summer catwalks (thank you Dolce & Gabbana) and Huit are among the brands who have been busy padding their knickers for 2007.
- Seeing spots (Shoshanna bikini, above left, coming soon) - from tiny Swiss dots to big fifties polka dots, they're a key story for both swimwear and lingerie.
- Ted Baker (set, above right, coming soon) - available on the UK site only, I'm afraid, but its lingerie and swimwear just gets better and better. It proved a favourite with all the fashion editors at our recent UK press day.
- We've all seen An Inconvenient Truth - or at least pretended to - so eco-friendly bamboo (from Ballet, among others) will be on everybody's radar.
- Shopping by size is soooo 2006. Next year, we'll all be shopping by star sign. Try typing your star sign into the figleaves.com search box to find the lingerie that truly reflects your personality.